Banding Reference Information
A Few Banding Bird Pictures
WSO: Wisconsin Society for Ornithology
Unusual Birds In Wisconsin
Al's Business Pages
There has been discussion on the BirdBand
listserver about color band sequences. I have developed a SAS
program to generate color band sequences for putting the bands on
either one or two legs.
Right click this hyperlinks and use "Save As" to store
the file on your local disk
- You specify the color bands you have
- Supports both striped bands and bands with a single color
- An example is included to show merging in your existing color
band records to verify which sequences you have already used
- You can enter color sequences you do not want to have next to
- If banding on both legs, the program assures a color is only
- The program assures that two colors are not used next to each
other. For example you could have a sequence of Y/R/Y, but the
program will not generate Y/Y/R.
Last Update: 13March2002. This page has been viewed times.