Table of Contents
- LPAR Capacity Planning Update©
- What is Capacity Planning?
- Resources Working Together
- LPAR Overview
- Why You Want Parallel Sysplex
- What Is Making Decisions?
- IRD-CPU Management
- Software Pricing
Author: Alan M. Sherkow
Home Page: www.sherkow.com
Copyright©1993-2000, I/S Management Strategies,
Ltd., all rights reserved. No part of this publication
may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted,
in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording
or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.
Al Sherkow is world renown as a capacity-planning expert for IBM compatible mainframes, DASD, and tape. Furthermore he has in-depth experience in configuration needs assessments, development of justifications, I/O configuration design, and executive presentations for hardware acquisitions. His wide range of experience and accomplishments include:
Mr. Sherkow is affiliated with IBM as a Parallel Sysplex Gold Consultant.
- Technical programming, capacity planning and acquisition, performance management and technical consulting.
- DASD management, planning, acquisition, contracting and implementation.
- Software migration, management, and implementation strategies: OS/390 and DFSMS.
- Development of corporate strategies for automated operations, hardware technologies, and emerging technologies.
- Expert witness on software licensing and technological differences between mainframes and DASD subsystems.
This page has been accessed times.
Last Update: 26October2001.