Monday, 19 June, 2017
Sessions You Can Use In Your Shop
You've probably attended sessions from consultants that seem like
a thinly disguised marketing piece. They present only hints of information
to show you how smart they are, but there is little information
that you can take back to your shop and put to use. These sessions
are really just commercials for the consultant, to use their material
you are almost required to contract them to find out the information
I use a different approach. If I can provide and explain technical information that you can use, in session after session, then when you do need a consultant you will call me. Maybe this is why I sometimes am asked to present 4 or 5 sessions at a single conference. I often see people attending all of my sessions at a conference also. People also come back conference after conference to hear me speak again. It's not just customers, the audience includes many Vendors, Integrators, Outsourcers, other Consultants, and of course IT-end users!
One attendee wrote:
This was an excellent session. I will look for Mr. Sherkow in other events. Make certain his sessions are available in the future.
One attendee wrote:
Armed with the information learned, my team and I enacted a plan to reduce
our monthly MSU consumption. Our goal was to eliminate paying a six figure
overage in the third year of our ELA contract caused by recent software
maintenance price increases. We completed our plan in December 2012 and
the January and February 2013 invoices validate our projections.
Maintaining our current defined capacity, we will no longer need to pay an
overage. Had I not attended Al's presentations at the conference, I doubt
I would have thought of this alternative on my own. We had budgeted to pay
the overage. Thanks Al.
Al's Scheduled Sessions
Share in Providence, August 6-11, 2017
- 21610 Have You Tried All the Options to Reduce Your z/OS Software Costs? Monday August 7th 1:45pm, Room 555B
Recent Previous Conferences
- Orlando twice in 8 weeks!
- zSM4400: What You Need to Know About the IBM Sub-Capacity Pricing, Mobile Workload Pricing and MWRT UPDATED for Country Multiplex Pricing
- zSM4401: Reduce Your IBM Software Charges UPDATED for Country Multiplex Pricing
- Meet the Experts Q&A sessions Thursday, 5:45pm
Share in Orlando, August 9 - 14, 2015
- I have one scheduled session.
- LPAR Defined Capacity, Initial Processing Weight, the Soft Cap and LPAR Group Capacity Limits, in Europe 2 at the Dolphin, Tuesday, August 11, 2015: 4:30pm
IBM Edge2015 in Las Vegas, May 11 - 15, 2015
- I was scheduled to speak but had to cancel my attendance.
- zSM1905: What You Need to Know About the IBM Sub-Capacity Pricing, Mobile Workload Pricing and MWRT, Wednesday, May 13, 2015: 12:30pm
- zSM1902: Reduce Your IBM Software Charges, Thursday, May 14, 2015: 9:00AM
SHARE in Seattle, March 1-6, 2015
- I have two scheduled sessions co-authored with Richard Ralston of Humana. I am unable to attend and Richard will present these sessions.
- 17073: What You Need to Know About IBM’s Sub-Capacity Pricing, Mobile Workload Pricing and MWRT, Thursday, March 5, 2015: 10:00AM
Metropolitan B (Sheraton Seattle), MVS Core Technologies Project
- 17071: Reduce Your IBM Software Charges, Friday, March 6, 2015: 8:30AM
Aspen (Sheraton Seattle), MVS Core Technologies Project
IBM's Enterprise2013 in Orlando, October 21-25, 2013
- I'm attending Wednesday and Thursday October 23 & 24 and presenting 3 sessions:
- zST001: Changes in Workload License Charges with the zEC12, zBC12 and z/OS V2,
- zST002: Reduce Your IBM Software Charges,
Wednesday 4:15-5:30 and a repeat on Thursday 1:00-2:15
SHARE in Boston, August 11-16, 2013
- I'm attending Sunday through Friday and presenting one session and participating in one panel:
- 13738: What You Need to Know About IBM’s Sub-Capacity Pricing & SCRT, Thursday, August 15, 2013: 4:30 PM-5:30 PM
Room 302, MVS Core Technologies Project
- 13623: z/OS Ask the Experts Panel, Wednesday, August 14, 2013: 6:00 PM-7:00 PM
Room 312, MVS Core Technologies Project
SHARE in San Francisco, February 3-8, 2013
- I'm attending at least Wednesday and Thursday and presenting 2 sessions:
- 12997: Changes in Workload License Charges with the z196, z114 and zEC12,
Thursday, February 7, 2013, 1:30 PM, Franciscan B
- 12251: z/OS Ask the Experts Panel,
Thursday, February 7, 2013, 3:00 PM, Imperial A
- I'm attending Monday and Tuesday October 1 & 2 and presenting 3 sessions:
- zZS10: LPAR Defined Capacity, Initial Processing Weight, the Soft Cap & LPAR Group Capacity Limits,
Monday 4:15-5:30 Roman Ballroom I
- zZS11: Make Better Technical Decisions by Understanding LPAR Level Software Charges,
Tuesday 4:15-5:30 Trevi
- zZS35: Workload License Charges & the Bottom Line,
Tuesday 1:00-2:15 Roman Ballroom I